Introduction

I'm a freelance illustrator/designer/art director and if you think I can help with your project, want to offer words of encouragement or simply say hi, feel free to get in touch.

I'm also on Twitter and Facebook. Follow me to find out every time I haul bits of imagination kicking and screaming into reality.

Monday 17 October 2011

Bog Troll

Before I went away over summer i spent an afternoon backing up files, something i don't do nearly often enough. It always takes much longer than it should as i start reading through bits of random story ideas or looking at half finished images.

This time i read a few stories that I rather enjoyed. Usually I'm over critical of my own work and fall out of love with it within days of finishing... or before its even finished. So I was inspired by my own work to start illustrating stuff in my own rapidly diminishing free time.

This is the first draft of a character from one of these stories, and unusually I'm rather happy with him and I think this will be close to his final look. He's a rather unpleasant Troll. Who eats goats. And children.

No comments:

Post a Comment